Onsite & Online Prevention of Sexual Harassment & Discrimination Training
Sexual Harassment has been the most litigated civil rights violation, since the year 2000. Historically, courts have awarded favorable decisions to employers who have trained their workforce and implemented an effective sexual harassment policy.
Diversity Builder offers onsite and online courses on the topics of Sexual Harassment, Hostile Work Environment Prevention, and Discrimination Prevention courses nationwide. We customize all onsite classes based on the needs of your organization.
Diversity Builder offers compliant online or live classes for California regulation AB 1825 for both supervisors and employees.
The Sexual Harassment Prevention group training combines instructor-facilitated discussions, group exercises, and case studies to created a dynamic and effective training for managers and staff.
Upon completion of harassment prevention training for your staff and/or management team, your company will have on record a company-wide diversity and inclusion initiative that can be used to directly dispute future discrimination claims as a preventive measure.
Preventing Hostile Work Environment Training
Diversity Builder also provides compliant and effective online training on the topics of Hostile Work Environment, Sexual Harassment, and Anti-Bullying. These course descriptions and details are described below.
Sexual Harassment Prevention Onsite Training Topics
* The legal definition and recognition of sexual harassment and hostile work environment
* Current laws and legal implications of sexual harassment
* How to identify and prevent sexual harassment and hostile work environments in the workplace
* The procedure for filing a sexual harassment complaint
* The manager’s role in sexual harassment
Note: Diversity Builder recommends an effective and widely shared sexual harassment policy within the workplace to prevent a hostile work environment and and avoid employee claims. Our workshop provides valuable protection to your company, which helps keep the company free of discrimination and workplace sexual harassment. Diversity Training in Workplace Page
California Sexual Harassment Training Compliance
Diversity Builder is a provider of California mandatory harassment training and is a compliant trainer for state law AB 1825.
Online Harassment & Discrimination Prevention Training Description and Topics
Harassment and discrimination are costly to organizations. Everyone is affected by the negative consequences of a workplace that allows harassing, hostile, or discriminatory behavior. This eLearning web-based course is designed to inform employees of their legal obligations and their critical role in ensuring a harassment-free workplace. This course will discuss the laws that govern discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The course modules will also define discrimination, harassment, and retaliation and provide examples of these behaviors through case studies; outline the obligations of employees; and describe the role of the employee in preventing harassment and discrimination.
WORKPLACE HARASSMENT AND DISCRIMINATION
- Legal cases and current event topics related to harassment
- Defining harassment (and examples)
- Prevention of harassment
- Case studies and interactive activity with examples of harassment
- Forms of harassment (non-sexual)
- Intent vs. impact
- The “who” of harassment (victims and harassers)
- Employer and manager liability for harassment (sexual and general)
- Employee to employee liability (sexual and general)
- Unwelcome behavior and “reasonable person” standard
- Legal cases and current event topics related to sexual harassment
- Defining sexual harassment (and examples)
- Types of sexual harassment (quid pro quo and hostile work environment)
- Examples of sexual harassment
- Case studies and interactive activity with examples of sexual harassment
- Consensual relationships in the workplace
Discrimination Prevention: Understanding Illegal & Unlawful Discrimination
- Prevention of discrimination
- Federal laws related to discrimination and protected categories
- State laws that expand protections of personal characteristics
- Review of company specific harassment and discrimination policies
- Examples of unlawful discriminatory behavior