Online Diversity & Sensitivity Training Workplace & Instructor-Led Programs & Group Workshops
Diversity Builder, Inc. delivers exceptional and interactive instructor-led diversity training classes focused on creating lasting cultural change within the workplace. Raising sensitivity and awareness are often the first steps in the process.
Diversity Builder Difference What Sets our Trainers and Consultants Apart
- Training and consulting are focused on building a lasting inclusive culture with increased engagement
- Experiential customized workplace diversity education programs
- Diversity programs focused on resolving unconscious bias
- Cultural competency assessments to determine a baseline inclusion score
- Strategies to attract and retain a diverse workforce
- Online web-based self-paced classes with tests for understanding and employee reporting
- Diversity programs for leadership and management level staff
- Web-based and online diversity coaching for staff and leadership
- Cross cultural communication content for global companies
- Onsite training programs in Spanish and online courses in English, Spanish, Greek, or French
- Targeted diversity education programs, business case, and awareness curriculum for senior management
- Specialized training for nurses, first-responders, teachers, bankers, and healthcare providers
Looking for employee or leadership individual coaching?
Online Diversity in the Workplace Training & Onsite Sensitivity Classes
Our workplace training programs are customized to meet specific needs of senior leadership, management, and staff. Our diversity training courses equip participants with the skills to create a safe and engaging cooperative working environment and establish an inclusive culture.
Our trainers provide tools and strategies to resolve unconscious bias and micro-inequities.
Our diversity and inclusion training (sensitivity training) is designed to be engaging, specific to the organization, and have a high impact when staff and management return to work. Yes, diversity, inclusion, and equity training is truly the first step in building a culture of inclusion. The strategies provided within our programs and workshops are key components to be used within the individual action plans developed.
Trainer Led Diversity and Inclusion Training Course Topics
Resolving Unconscious Bias
Generational Differences in the Workplace (Millennials, Generation X, Baby Boomers)
Eliminating Micro-inequities and Microaggressions
Types of Diversity: Racial, Religious, Disability, Cultural, Sexual Orientation, Gender, etc.
Impacts of Stereotyping and Bias
Welcoming Transgender Team Members
Diversity Management and Accountability
Building an Inclusive Culture
Our instructor-led diversity classes may be facilitated onsite. We also have online diversity and sensitivity courses available that include important segments on unconscious bias. All classes and workshops are customized based on needs assessment results. Learning exercises are built for each client to incorporate common scenarios faced by management, staff, and the organization.
Online (Web-Based) Programs
Ask us about our online training options. We offer custom solutions to meet your needs in the areas of Diversity in the Workplace, Discrimination & Sexual Harassment, Sexual Harassment Prevention (California), including AB 1825, Business Ethics, 360 Degree Feedback, Affirmative Action & Equal Employment Opportunity, Gender Expression, and Developing Diverse Teams. Online education programs are available in English, Spanish, & French. The majority of our programs include a test for understanding with an 80% passing score required. Our e-learning programs include both audio and visual components to appeal to the adult learning. Full reporting is available. The courses are SCORM compliant and may be hosted by our team or placed on your company’s LMS. These online programs received Best Compliance Elearning 2017 from the Elearning! Media Group.
“We have used Diversity Builder’s online training programs for the past four years. As an HR Manager for a growing technology firm, I feel it is very important for new staff to receive effective diversity and harassment prevention training. Diversity Builder’s online programs make it easy to provide and administer training. Their staff is very responsive and sets our employees up quickly.”
Sensitivity Training for Individuals
Looking for an impactful and cost-effective way to train or coach an individual or a few key staff on diversity-related topics?
Diversity Builder offers remote/virtual training and coaching by one of our trainers. Employers have found the remote coaching option to be both cost-effective and time efficient. Diversity Builder clients have used offsite and remote coaching for the following situations:
- A company hires a new supervisor who has not yet completed the corporate diversity training program onsite. Rather than incurring travel expenses and lost work time, the company opts to send the supervisor to a remote/online class with a dedicated trainer.
- A leader in the organization has made comments that are inappropriate.
- A manager uses abrasive words and lacks a communication filter. The tone and word choice has resulted in team members and colleagues distancing themselves. One of the team members reported the manager to human resources for creating a hostile work environment.
- An individual or employee violates a company discrimination policy or code of conduct related to diversity or sensitivity. Examples include sending inappropriate emails, discriminating against a protected class, harassing another staff member, telling inappropriate jokes, displaying favoritism as a manager, verbalizing a racial slur, or using inappropriate language at work.
The need for training may arise due to the following:
- Part of a “disciplinary action” related to a performance management program
- Policy violation remedy
- Employee development opportunity
- Supplier diversity vendor-mandated
- Court-ordered as a result of sentencing by a judge or jury
- Leadership training for new team members
The companies we work with often select a series of coaching sessions held in consecutive weeks. The on-going coaching allows strategies learned to be integrated and assimilated into the workplace using continued support and feedback from the coach.
Common sensitivity topics include sexual harassment prevention, diversity and inclusion in the workplace, leadership, conflict resolution, change management, effective communication for supervisors, , and new supervisor training.
*Online remote training is a great solution for employee coaching or performance management.
*Looking for group sensitivity course solutions for staff who are in different locations? Ask about our group training webinars.
Cultural Competency Training & Assessments
Whether your staff and management team is based in the United States or abroad, culture surrounds us, Cultural competence is essential for business success, retention, and job satisfaction. Our experienced trainers facilitate open discussion and guide your staff and managers through the critical elements of cultural sensitivity, understanding and interpretation. By being culturally competent, your staff is better positioned to understand diverse values, behaviors, and beliefs of co-workers, vendors, and customers. Pre-assessments and post-training assessments are recommended to gauge the impact of the sessions and recommend future cultural competency action plans and programs. Diversity Builder trainers will help your company progress to a culture of civility, equity, and inclusion.
Other Diversity & Inclusion Related Courses
- Sexual Harassment Prevention, including California’s AB 1825 Compliance
- EEOC Courses including Corporate sessions and Federal Counselor Training
- American Disabilities Act – ADA
- Beyond Cultural Competence
- Conflict Resolution at Work
- Bullying in our Schools or in the Workplace – LGBTQI
- Diversity Training for Supervisors
- Keeping the Peace: Policing Diverse Communities (Law Enforcement)
- Sexual Orientation in the Workplace -LGBT
- Emotional Intelligence for Managers
- Resolving Unconscious Bias
- Gender Identity
Benefits of Diversity Training
The Business Case for Diversity Training in the Workplace
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace training is quickly becoming recognized as a low cost, high return value for corporations and small businesses. More than just “inclusion,” a commitment to work place diversity training helps businesses create a satisfactory, safe and meaningful environment in which people thrive. Following the training, action plans are set forth to continue the conversation and move toward an inclusive workplace.
Diversity workplace programs inclusive of human characteristics such as race, spirituality, gender, sexual orientation or ability status allow companies to demonstrate to their employees that they are seen, recognized and valued.
Essentially, successful companies harness workplace diversity and allow their business to attract and retain quality staff with distinct differences. This translates into willingness by employees to expend greater effort and apply greater creativity in their jobs. Studies have shown companies with diverse team members tend to be high-performing and more innovative than those with more homogeneous teams.
Additional Benefits of Diversity and Sensitivity Training in the Workplace
Companies that incorporate a consistent diversity training program and advocate diversity in the workplace experience valuable benefits such as:
- Higher employee retention rates
- Improved employee (individual and team) performance and morale
- Reduced harassment incidences, charges, and discrimination lawsuits
- Increased innovation