Customized Onsite and Online Diversity Training Class Options
Instructor-Led Onsite Classes
Diversity Builder’s instructor-led classes inspire extraordinary engagement, higher retention, and improved team performance. Employees are motivated to begin implementing strategies learned and understand that each team member can contribute to positively make an impact on the overall culture. Our clients consistently share with us that our trainers deliver interactive diversity training classes that create lasting cultural change within their organizations. Raising sensitivity and awareness are often the first steps in the process. Sensitivity training reaches far beyond the initial foundation of awareness. Diversity Builder in known for developing custom engaging D&I classes that focus on employee behavioral changes to take back to the workplace. We call it the Diversity Builder Difference.
A Different Approach to Diversity Training
Diversity Builder has designed a groundbreaking engaging online diversity training program, entitled Diversity in the Workplace, considered one of the best interactive e-learning courses available.
The course has questions, quizzes and video scenarios throughout to hold the employee’s attention. In addition to implicit bias content, this class has micro-learning modules on topics such as generations in the workplace, cultural sensitivity, racial diversity, and inclusive conversation best practices.
The online option complements group instructor-led or webinars as an integral part of a blended learning approach and for employees who work at home or remotely. Effective online classes are an attractive solution for companies who have employees who are in call centers or work at scattered locations who cannot easily allocate time or travel for educational initiatives. Similarly, these classes are a good first step for on-boarding new hires or scheduling employee development for shift workers.
- Highly-engaging diversity trainers considered to be some of the best in the world
- Conversational and immersive class facilitation approach
- Training for companies with a global presence
- Solid track record of building inclusive cultures
- Training goal is to build lasting inclusive cultures
- Focus on behavioral change to resolve unconscious bias
- Blended learning options
- Customizable online training options to include branding and multicultural examples
- Training solutions that appeal to different types of learners
- Assessments are used to determine a baseline and measure results measure D&I improvement
- Web-based online self-paced classes with tests for understanding and employee reporting
- Diversity leadership programs
- Onsite sensitivity training programs in Spanish in English, Spanish, Greek, or French
- Online Spanish harassment classes with language translation options
- Web-based online diversity coaching for staff and leadership
- Cross cultural communication modules
- Onsite sensitivity training programs in Spanish and online courses in English, Spanish, Greek, or French
- Specialized training for global companies, nursing centers, police and fire departments, behavioral health and therapy centers, non-profits, teachers, financial services, law firms, insurance, manufacturing, technology, and healthcare providers
Online Diversity Training
Online programs are available for individuals and groups. Online classes work great for those learners who work remotely, perform shift work, or are new hires. While in-person trainer-led classes have tremendous impact and value, e-learning courses offer a viable way to reach employees who may not otherwise had the opportunity for educational development. Other remote options include one-on-one coaching and small group webinars led by a live trainer.
Diversity in the Workplace Class
Our latest training class entitled, Diversity in the Workplace, may be the best online diversity training program currently available. Why? Instead of placing the focus on blame for bias or what not to do at work, the class shares simple strategies the employee can take to build an inclusive workplace. It is highly interactive and emphasizes positive ways each team member can start with awareness and begin taking steps to make a difference at work. This class was designed by teachers and educators with actionable strategies included within each micro-learning module. Video scenarios, questions and answers, and a test for understanding are just a few of the engagement features. The program teaches employees about the latest demographic changes, how to address unconscious bias, and inclusively communicate at work.
Our diversity trainer-led D&I programs are customized to meet specific needs of the organization, senior leadership, management, and staff. These onsite sessions equip participants with the skills to create a safe and engaging cooperative working environment and establish an inclusive culture, while remaining sensitive to individual viewpoints.
Our trainers and consultants provide tools and strategies to resolve unconscious bias and micro-aggressive communication.
This customized curriculum is designed to be engaging, specific to the organization, and have a high implementation rate when staff and management return to work. Sometimes the goal of a company may be to simply to raise awareness and sensitivity. Our trainers are happy to start there as it is a first step in the journey toward inclusion.
Diversity Training Course Topics
Diversity Builder offers relevant topics for today’s global workplace. Some of the most requested training topics are listed below. If your company has a specific need, please send a request. Our trainers can design curriculum around the majority of diversity and sensitivity topics.
Diversity and Inclusion Topic List
Resolving Unconscious Bias
Generational Differences in the Workplace (Millennials, Gen Xers, Baby Boomers, Gen Yers)
Types of Diversity: Racial, Religious, Disability, Cultural, Sexual Orientation, Gender
Impacts of Stereotyping and Bias
Transgender Inclusive Practices
Diversity Management and Accountability
Building an Inclusive Culture
Looking for a topic not listed? Need an outline or course description?
Just let us know as we have an ever-growing list of D&I educational topics.
Web-Based Online Training Programs
Diversity Builder offers custom online solutions to meet your needs in the areas of Diversity in the Workplace, Discrimination, Sexual Harassment Prevention (California), including AB 1825 SB 1343, Business Ethics, 360 Degree Feedback, Affirmative Action & Equal Employment Opportunity, Gender Expression, and Developing Diverse Teams. Most online education programs are available in English, Spanish, & French. The majority of our programs include a test for understanding with an 80% passing score required. Our e-learning programs include both audio and visual components to appeal to the adult learning. Full reporting is available. The courses are SCORM compliant and may be hosted by our team or placed on your company’s LMS. These online programs received Best Compliance Online Classes from the E-learning! Media Group.
Top Rated Online Classes
Diversity Builder’s most requested online programs are the following:
- Diversity in the Workplace (Unconscious Bias Focus)
- Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- Harassment Prevention California Compliant with AB1825 and SB 1343
- Harassment Prevention New York Compliant
- Developing Diverse Teams
“We have used Diversity Builder’s online training programs for the past four years. As an HR Manager for a growing technology firm, I feel it is very important for new staff to receive effective diversity and harassment prevention training. Diversity Builder makes it easy to provide and administer e-learning classes. Their staff is very responsive and sets our employees up quickly.”
Sensitivity Coaching: Training for Individual Contributors
Looking for an impactful and cost-effective way to train or coach an individual or a few key staff on diversity-related topics?
Diversity Builder offers remote/virtual training and coaching with experienced trainers, sensitive to the needs of individual contributors and the organization. Employers have found the remote coaching option to be both cost-effective and time efficient.
Why Individual Employee or Leadership Coaching
The following scenarios are common reasons HR directors call Diversity Builder for individual sensitivity coaching.
- A company hires a new supervisor who has not yet completed the corporate diversity training program onsite. Rather than incurring travel expenses and lost work time, the company opts to send the supervisor to a remote/online class with a dedicated trainer.
- HR received some reports that an employee was using racial slurs.
- A leader in the organization has made comments about women and pregnancy that are inappropriate. HR desires to act quickly and secure the best training for the leader for awareness and behavioral change.
- A manager uses abrasive words and lacks a communication filter. The tone and word choice have resulted in team members and colleagues distancing themselves. One of the team members reported the manager to human resources for creating a hostile work environment. HR decided training would be best from a development and logistical standpoint. Diversity Builder offered options of onsite or online coaching with a trainer in real time.
- An employee violates a company discrimination policy or code of conduct related to diversity or sensitivity. Examples include sending inappropriate emails, discriminating against a protected class, harassing another staff member, telling inappropriate jokes, displaying favoritism as a manager, verbalizing a racial slur, or using inappropriate language at work.
Other Reasons for Employee Coaching
- Part of a disciplinary action related to a performance management program
- Policy violation remedy
- Employee development opportunity
- Workplace sensitivity and awareness
- Employee is new to the workplace and does not able to distinguish what is appropriate
- Supplier diversity vendor-mandated
- Court-ordered legal requirement as a result of sentencing by a judge or jury
- Leadership training for new team members
Employee Coaching Options: Series
When presented with options, companies often select a series of coaching sessions held in consecutive weeks. The on-going coaching allows strategies learned to be integrated and assimilated into the workplace using continued support and feedback from the coach.
Common sensitivity training topics include sexual harassment prevention, diversity and inclusion in the workplace, leadership, conflict resolution, change management, effective communication for supervisors, and new supervisor training.
*Online remote training is an effective solution for employee coaching or performance management.
*Looking for group sensitivity training course solutions for staff who are in different locations?
Cultural Competency Training & Assessments
Whether your employeess are based in the United States or abroad, culture surrounds us. Cultural competence is essential for business success, retention, and job satisfaction. Our experienced trainers facilitate open discussion and guide your staff and managers through the critical elements of cultural sensitivity, understanding and interpretation. By being culturally competent, your staff is better positioned to understand diverse values, behaviors, and beliefs of co-workers, vendors, and customers. Pre-assessments and post-training assessments are recommended to gauge the impact of the sessions and recommend future cultural competency action plans and programs. Diversity Builder trainers will help your company progress to a culture of civility, equity, and inclusion.
Diversity & Sensitivity Training Courses
- Sexual Harassment Prevention, including California’s AB 1825 and SB 1343 Compliance
- Harassment Prevention New York State
- EEOC Courses including Corporate sessions and Federal Counselor Training
- American Disabilities Act – ADA
- Beyond Cultural Competence
- Conflict Resolution at Work
- Bullying in our Schools or the Workplace
- Diversity Training for Supervisors
- Keeping the Peace: Policing Diverse Communities (Law Enforcement)
- Sexual Orientation in the Workplace -LGBTQI
- Emotional Intelligence for Managers
- Resolving Unconscious Bias
- Gender Identity