Instructor-Led Onsite Classes
Our instructor-led classes are adapted to the organization’s needs. Our clients consistently share with us that our trainers deliver engaging instructor-led diversity training classes that create lasting cultural change within their organizations. Employees are motivated to begin implementing strategies learned and understand that each team member can make a difference. Raising sensitivity and awareness are often the first steps in the process. Sensitivity training reaches far beyond the initial awareness. Diversity Builder in known for developing custom engaging D&I classes that focus on actionable strategies to take back to the workplace. We call it the Diversity Builder Difference.
Why our Classes are Different
- Training is focused on building a lasting inclusive culture with increased engagement
- Experiential customized workplace diversity education programs
- Diversity programs focused on resolving unconscious bias
- Cultural competency assessments to determine a baseline inclusion score
- Strategies to attract and retain a diverse workforce
- Online web-based self-paced classes with tests for understanding and employee reporting
- Diversity programs for leadership and management level staff
- Web-based online diversity coaching for staff and leadership
- Cross cultural communication content for global companies
- Onsite sensitivity training programs in Spanish and online courses in English, Spanish, Greek, or French
- Specialized training for nurses, police and fire departments, teachers, financial services, and healthcare providers
Online Diversity Training
We have designed online programs for both individuals and groups. Online classes work great for those learners who may be working remotely, perform shift work, or for new hires. While in-person trainer-led classes have tremendous impact and value, e-learning courses offer a viable way to reach employees who may not otherwise had the opportunity for educational development. Other remote options include one-on-one coaching and small group webinars led by a live trainer.
Our latest release entitled, Diversity in the Workplace, may be the best online diversity training program currently available. Why? Instead of placing the focus on blame for bias or what not to do at work, the class shares simple strategies the employee can take to build an inclusive workplace. It is highly interactive and emphasizes positive ways each team member can start with awareness and begin taking steps to make a difference at work. This class was designed by teachers and educators with actionable strategies included within each micro-learning module. Video scenarios, questions and answers, and a test for understanding are just a few of the engagement features. The program teaches employees about the latest demographic changes, how to address unconscious bias, and inclusively communicate at work.
Our instructor-led D&I programs are customized to meet specific needs of the organization, senior leadership, management, and staff. These onsite sessions equip participants with the skills to create a safe and engaging cooperative working environment and establish an inclusive culture, while remaining sensitive to individual viewpoints.
Our trainers and consultants provide tools and strategies to resolve unconscious bias and micro-aggressive communication.
This customized curriculum is designed to be engaging, specific to the organization, and have a high implementation rate when staff and management return to work. Sometimes the goal of a company may be to simply to raise awareness and sensitivity. Our trainers are happy to start there as it is a first step in the journey toward inclusion.
Diversity Training Course Topics
Resolving Unconscious Bias
Generational Differences in the Workplace (Millennials, Generation X, Baby Boomers)
Eliminating Micro-inequities and Microaggressions
Types of Diversity: Racial, Religious, Disability, Cultural, Sexual Orientation, Gender
Impacts of Stereotyping and Bias
Transgender Inclusive Practices
Diversity Management and Accountability
Building an Inclusive Culture
Looking for a topic not listed? Just let us know as we have an ever-growing list of D&I educational topics.
Online (Web-Based) Programs
Diversity Builder offers custom online solutions to meet your needs in the areas of Diversity in the Workplace, Discrimination, Sexual Harassment Prevention (California), including AB 1825, Business Ethics, 360 Degree Feedback, Affirmative Action & Equal Employment Opportunity, Gender Expression, and Developing Diverse Teams. Most online education programs are available in English, Spanish, & French. The majority of our programs include a test for understanding with an 80% passing score required. Our e-learning programs include both audio and visual components to appeal to the adult learning. Full reporting is available. The courses are SCORM compliant and may be hosted by our team or placed on your company’s LMS. These online programs received Best Compliance Elearning 2017 from the Elearning! Media Group.
Popular Online Classes
- Diversity in the Workplace (Unconscious Bias Focus)
- Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- Developing Diverse Teams
“We have used Diversity Builder’s online training programs for the past four years. As an HR Manager for a growing technology firm, I feel it is very important for new staff to receive effective diversity and harassment prevention training. Diversity Builder makes it easy to provide and administer e-learning classes. Their staff is very responsive and sets our employees up quickly.”
Sensitivity Coaching: Training for Individual Contributors
Looking for an impactful and cost-effective way to train or coach an individual or a few key staff on diversity-related topics?
Diversity Builder offers remote/virtual training and coaching with experienced trainers, sensitive to the needs of individual contributors and the organization. Employers have found the remote coaching option to be both cost-effective and time efficient.
Why Individual Employee or Leadership Coaching
The following scenarios are common reasons HR directors call Diversity Builder for individual sensitivity coaching.
- A company hires a new supervisor who has not yet completed the corporate diversity training program onsite. Rather than incurring travel expenses and lost work time, the company opts to send the supervisor to a remote/online class with a dedicated trainer.
- A leader in the organization has made comments that are inappropriate.
- A manager uses abrasive words and lacks a communication filter. The tone and word choice has resulted in team members and colleagues distancing themselves. One of the team members reported the manager to human resources for creating a hostile work environment.
- An individual or employee violates a company discrimination policy or code of conduct related to diversity or sensitivity. Examples include sending inappropriate emails, discriminating against a protected class, harassing another staff member, telling inappropriate jokes, displaying favoritism as a manager, verbalizing a racial slur, or using inappropriate language at work.
Other Reasons for Individual Coaching
- Part of a “disciplinary action” related to a performance management program
- Policy violation remedy
- Employee development opportunity
- Supplier diversity vendor-mandated
- Court-ordered legal requirement as a result of sentencing by a judge or jury
- Leadership training for new team members
Coaching Options: Series
The companies Diversity Builder works with often select a series of coaching sessions held in consecutive weeks. The on-going coaching allows strategies learned to be integrated and assimilated into the workplace using continued support and feedback from the coach.
Common sensitivity training topics include sexual harassment prevention, diversity and inclusion in the workplace, leadership, conflict resolution, change management, effective communication for supervisors, and new supervisor training.
*Online remote training is a great solution for employee coaching or performance management.
*Looking for group sensitivity training course solutions for staff who are in different locations? Ask about our group training webinars.
Cultural Competency Training & Assessments
Whether your staff and management team is based in the United States or abroad, culture surrounds us, Cultural competence is essential for business success, retention, and job satisfaction. Our experienced trainers facilitate open discussion and guide your staff and managers through the critical elements of cultural sensitivity, understanding and interpretation. By being culturally competent, your staff is better positioned to understand diverse values, behaviors, and beliefs of co-workers, vendors, and customers. Pre-assessments and post-training assessments are recommended to gauge the impact of the sessions and recommend future cultural competency action plans and programs. Diversity Builder trainers will help your company progress to a culture of civility, equity, and inclusion.
Diversity & Sensitivity Training Courses
- Sexual Harassment Prevention, including California’s AB 1825 Compliance
- EEOC Courses including Corporate sessions and Federal Counselor Training
- American Disabilities Act – ADA
- Beyond Cultural Competence
- Conflict Resolution at Work
- Bullying in our Schools or in the Workplace – LGBTQI
- Diversity Training for Supervisors
- Keeping the Peace: Policing Diverse Communities (Law Enforcement)
- Sexual Orientation in the Workplace -LGBT
- Emotional Intelligence for Managers
- Resolving Unconscious Bias
- Gender Identity
Business Case for Inclusion
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace training is quickly becoming recognized as a low cost, high return value for corporations and small businesses. More than just “inclusion,” a commitment to work place diversity training helps businesses create a satisfactory, safe and meaningful environment in which teams thrive. Following the training, action plans are set forth to continue the conversation and move toward an inclusive workplace.
Diversity workplace programs inclusive of human characteristics such as race, spirituality, gender, sexual orientation or ability status allow companies to demonstrate to their employees that they are seen, recognized and valued.
Essentially, successful companies harness workplace diversity and allow their business to attract and retain quality staff with distinct valued differences. This translates into willingness by employees to expend greater effort and apply greater creativity in their jobs. Studies have shown companies with diverse team members tend to be high-performing and more innovative than those with more homogeneous teams.
Benefits of Diversity Training in the Workplace
Companies who are intentional about improving workplace culture experience valuable benefits such as:
- Higher employee retention rates
- Improved employee (individual and team) performance and morale
- Raised sense of belonging
- Increased ability to compete globally
- Elevated team engagement
- Reduced harassment incidences, charges, and discrimination lawsuits
- Increased innovation