In this landmark self-directed online course employees will learn how to communicate respec=ully and collaborate eﬀec-vely with mul-genera-onal team members. This course explores five genera-ons in the workplace, prac-cal strategies to promote genera-onal leadership and build community across genera-ons in the workplace, genera-onal diﬀerences, commonali-es, and how to leverage diﬀerences as strengths.
BRIDGING GENERATIONAL DIFFERENCES focuses on how employees from diﬀerent genera-ons can best work together, knowing that not all members of a genera-on have the same influences or behaviors.
GeFng to know the individuality of each team member is key. Many other influences form one’s iden-ty including ethnicity, gender, lived experiences, and other factors. Employees will learn about the value of ac-ve listening, the importance of asking and learning from team
members, and how to flex one’s approach to build connectedness and community.
The online class takes an interac-ve approach using state-of-the-art soJware in the e-Learning program. The course provides the tools and skills required to build bridges to strengthen working rela-onships and team performance. Engaging features include, ques-ons and answers, fill-in-the-blanks, video scenarios with Q and A, and tests for understanding.
Examples of new genera-onal challenges faced within today’s workplace include the following:
- There are baby boomers in peer-to-peer collabora-on with much younger newly hired university graduates.
- Employees may report to supervisors much younger than them.
- There are tradi-onalists and baby boomers who are planning to re-re and may have extensive knowledge and organiza-onal history that is at risk of re-ring with them.
Get started with Online Training
Employees will learn how to resolve the most common genera-onal conflicts in today’s workplace by:
- Overcoming nega-ve stereotyping and microaggressions about Millennials, Baby Boomers, Gen Z, and other genera-ons.
- Navigating the divide in work style preferences
- Better Communicating across genera-ons including preferred channels
- Valuing age and Generational Differences as part of each team members unique iden-ty
and resul-ng perspec-ve. Raising the level of diversity, equity, and inclusion within teams has been shown to produce beXer ideas, innova-on, overall team performance, and an elevated sense of belonging for team members.
On comple-on of this course, employees should be able to:
- Recognize five genera-ons in the workplace and some common characteris-cs and experiences.
- Gain awareness about stereotypes and microaggressions that contribute to harmful behavior that excludes others.
- Increase understanding about communica-on styles related to genera-onal diﬀerences
- Build skills to increase genera-onal connectedness, knowledge sharing, and leadership development.
- Learn prac-cal ways to connect with people who iden-fy within diﬀerent genera-ons to build beXer rela-onships and leverage team strengths.
ACCESSIBILITY AND TECHNOLOGY
This class complies with all ADA requirements and is available to be added to most learning management systems (LMS). Free hos-ng is also available from the course provider for 12 months following purchase.
Call 615-823-1717 or email Training@DiversityBuilder.com for more informa-on or pricing.