Individual Diversity/Sensitivity Coaching
Diversity Builder, Inc. has a proven record of success in helping employees gain an understanding of how their actions and language at work impact others. Our trainers provide effective tools and strategies to align an employee’s behavior with the company’s inclusion standards. When a diversity or sensitivity issue involves one of your executives, managers, or another valued employee, taking corrective action is essential to show your commitment to the employee and responding appropriately to a workplace complaint or recurring conflict.
Our training team understands that in many cases the diversity related situation requires immediate attention. Our trainers work diligently to prepare and schedule the individual training sessions as soon as possible.
Online/Onsite Coaching and Mentoring
Individualized training may be requested by a human resources (HR) manager resulting from a situation involving a policy violation and subsequent corrective action, an HR investigation, performance management, or part of an employee or manager development plan.
Diversity Builder’s confidential coaching sessions are designed to refocus thoughts and behaviors that can create costly personnel issues, poor team and individual performance, and possibly have legal consequences.
One on One Sensitivity Online: Live
Our trainers have found employees are extremely receptive to our one-on-one sensitivity sessions. Clients have consistently commented that such sessions are highly effective and positively impact future employee and manager performance. Arranging a sensitivity coaching session demonstrates the organization’s investment and commitment to him/her and contributes to his/her professional development as a valued employee or manager.
Prior to the session, one of our training team members will meet with an human resources representative or manager to discuss the situation, describe the detailed situation (s) that led to the training request, and provide the anticipated goals and any specific content requested. The Diversity Builder team member will recommend an initial training program that may consist of more than one training session. Many times employees may face multiple issues which may require multiple sessions. Additionally, the trainer can provide support as the employee works though his/her action plan, offering feedback and strategies to overcome barriers to success.
Next, the human resources director or manager will receive a customized agenda of topics our trainer will cover, with a request for feedback. After the agenda is approved, the training may be scheduled. Following the session, a training summary with be provided and include feedback on the session including an overview and action steps discussed. A certificate of completion may be requested following the training.
Call Us (615) 823-1717
The assigned trainer customizes the agenda and curriculum for each session. We have found over the years that we cover common topics. Some of the most requested curricula are listed below:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Preventing Harassment and Illegal Discrimination
- Respect in the Workplace
- Positive Communication with Peers and Employees
- Avoiding a Hostile Work Environment
- Preventing Workplace Bullying
- Verbal Communication – Intent versus Impact
- Filtering Comments for Better Communication & Work Relationships
- Action Steps to take When You Believe you may have Hurt/Offended a Coworker
- How to Deal with Difficult Personalities at Work
- Best Practices in Conducting Employee Appraisal Discussions
- How to Motivate Employees
- How to Lead by Example
- Cultural Competence
- Emotional Intelligence
- Effective Strategies in Directing Employee Tasks to Enhance Performance
- Best practices in Hiring and Conducting Interviews
- How to Avoid using Inappropriate Language at Work (including racial ‘slurs’)
- Effective Conflict Management Strategies
- Manager’s Role in Promoting Diversity
- EEOC Protected Classes
- Best Practices to Avoid Company Exposure to EEOC Claims and Lawsuits