Workplace Diversity & Sensitivity Coaching
Diversity Builder, Inc. has a proven record of success in helping employees gain an understanding of how their actions and language at work impact others. Our fully customized instructor-led online training programs are structured to address immediate diversity or harassment-related issues an employee or manager has displayed in the workplace. Our trainers provide effective tools and strategies to align an employee’s behavior with the company’s inclusion standards. When a diversity or sensitivity issue involves one of your executives, managers, or another valued employee, taking corrective action is essential to show your commitment to the employee and responding appropriately to a workplace complaint or recurring conflict.
Time Sensitive Training
Our training team understands that in many cases the diversity related situation requires immediate attention. Our trainers work diligently to prepare and schedule the individual training sessions as soon as possible.
Diversity Coaching Benefits: Leaders & Employees
- Raised Engagement
- Understanding of Appropriate Behaviors at Work
- Improved Communication that is Effective and Inclusive
- Enhanced Leadership Skills
- Elevated Team Meeting Engagement
- Culture Shift within Team or Company
Online/Onsite Coaching in the Workplace
Individualized training may be requested by a human resources (HR) manager resulting from a situation involving a policy violation and subsequent corrective action, an HR investigation, performance management, or part of an employee or manager continuing education or development plan.
Diversity Builder’s confidential coaching in the workplace sessions are designed to refocus thoughts and behaviors that can create costly personnel issues, poor team and individual performance, and possibly have legal consequences.
Sensitivity Training in the Workplace: Instructor-Led Online
Our trainers have found employees are extremely receptive to our one-on-one sensitivity sessions. Human resources managers have consistently commented that such sessions are highly effective and positively impact future employee and manager performance. Arranging a sensitivity coaching session demonstrates the organization’s investment and commitment to him/her and contributes to his/her professional development as a valued employee or manager.
Prior to the coaching session, our training manager will meet with an human resources leader to discuss the situation, describe the detailed situation (s) that led to the training request, and provide the anticipated goals and any specific content requested. The Diversity Builder training manager will recommend an initial training program that may consist of more than one training session. Depending on the seriousness of the situation and the number of occurrences, a coaching series may be suggested as the best resolution. Many times employees may face multiple issues which may require multiple sessions. Additionally, the trainer can provide support as the employee works though his/her action plan, offering feedback and strategies to overcome barriers to success.
Next, the human resources director or manager will receive a customized outline of topics our trainer will cover, with a request for feedback. After the agenda is approved, the training may be scheduled. Following the session, a training summary with be provided and include feedback on the session including an overview and action plan steps discussed.
Each individual coaching session is delivered in a conversational and engaging format, resulting in the the employee or manager with actionable strategies designed to alter behavior in the workplace.
The assigned trainer customizes the agenda and curriculum for each session.
We have found over the years that we cover common topics. Some of the most requested curricula are listed below:
Employee Coaching in the Workplace Topics
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Preventing Harassment and Illegal Discrimination
- Respect in the Workplace
- Positive Communication for Improved Performance
- Avoiding a Hostile Work Environment
- Preventing Workplace Bullying
- Verbal Communication – Intent versus Impact
- Filtering Comments for Better Communication & Work Relationships
- Resolving Unconscious Bias
- How to Deal with Difficult Personalities at Work
- Best Practices in Conducting Employee Appraisal Discussions
- Avoiding Micro-inequities and Microaggressions
- Cultural Competence
- Emotional Intelligence
- How to Avoid using Inappropriate Language at Work
- Effective Conflict Management Strategies
- EEOC Protected Classes
- Best Practices to Avoid Company Exposure to EEOC Claims and Lawsuits
Leadership Coaching Topics: Manager Training
- Excellence in Leadership
- Inclusive Communication to Better Lead Teams
- How to Motivate Employees
- How to Lead by Example
- New Manager Training
- Manager’s Role in Promoting Diversity
- Effective Communication for Managers
- Filtering Comments for Improved Communication
- Emotional Intelligence
- Effective Strategies in Directing Employee Tasks to Enhance Performance
- Best Practices in Hiring and Conducting Interviews
- Sexual Harassment Prevention for Leaders