Diversity/Sensitivity Coaching: One-On-One & Group Training
Diversity Builder, Inc. has a proven record of success in helping employees and managers gain an understanding of how their actions and language at work impact others. These fully customized instructor-led training courses are structured to address immediate diversity or harassment-related issues an employee or manager has displayed in the workplace. Our trainers provide effective tools and strategies to align an employee’s behavior with the company’s inclusion standards. When a diversity or sensitivity issue involves one of your executives, managers, or another valued employee, taking corrective action is essential to show your commitment to the employee and responding appropriately to a workplace complaint or recurring conflict.
Our training team understands that the diversity-related situation requires immediate attention. Our sensitivity trainers work diligently to prepare and schedule the individual training sessions as soon as possible.
Looking for group training? We offer high energy interactive classes that transform workplace culture.
Online/Onsite Coaching in the Workplace
Individualized training may be requested by a human resources (HR) manager resulting from a situation involving a policy violation of the code of conduct and subsequent corrective action, an HR investigation, performance management, or part of an employee or manager continuing education or development plan.
Diversity Builder’s confidential coaching in the workplace sessions are designed to refocus thoughts and behaviors that can create costly personnel issues, poor team and individual performance, and possibly have legal consequences.
How Online Employee Coaching Works: The Process
Prior to the coaching session, our training manager will meet with a human resources leader for a discovery session to describe the detailed situation(s) that led to the training request, provide the end goal and communicated any specific content requested. The Diversity Builder training manager will recommend an initial training program that may consist of more than one training session. Depending on the seriousness of the situation and the number of occurrences, a coaching series may be suggested as the best resolution. Oftentimes, employees may face multiple issues or ingrained behaviors which may require multiple sessions. Additionally, the trainer can provide support as the employee works though his/her action plan, offering feedback and strategies to overcome barriers to success.
Coaching Outline Development
Next, the human resources director or manager will receive a customized outline of topics our trainer will cover, with a request for feedback. After the agenda is approved, the training may be scheduled. Following the session, a training summary with be provided and include feedback on the session including an overview and action plan steps discussed.
Each individual coaching session is delivered in a conversational and engaging format, resulting in the employee or manager with actionable strategies designed to alter behavior in the workplace.
The assigned diversity trainer customizes the agenda and curriculum for each sensitivity training session.
We have found over the years that we cover common topics. Some of the most requested curricula are listed below:
Employee Coaching in the Workplace Topics
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Preventing Harassment and Illegal Discrimination
- Sensitivity in the Workplace
- Positive Communication for Improved Performance
- Avoiding a Hostile Work Environment
- Preventing Workplace Bullying
- Verbal Communication – Intent versus Impact
- Inclusive Conversations
- Resolving Unconscious Bias
- Effective Time Management
- How to Deal with Difficult Personalities at Work
- Best Practices in Conducting Employee Appraisal Discussions
- Avoiding Microaggressions
- Cultural Competence
- Emotional Intelligence
- How to Avoid using Inappropriate Language at Work
- Effective Conflict Management Strategies
- EEOC Protected Classes
- Best Practices to Avoid Company Exposure to EEOC Claims and Lawsuits
Leadership Coaching Topics: Manager Training
- Excellence in Leadership
- Inclusive Communication to Better Lead Teams
- How to Motivate Employees
- How to Lead by Example
- New Manager Training
- Manager’s Role in Promoting Diversity
- Effective Communication for Managers
- Filtering Comments for Improved Communication
- Emotional Intelligence for Leaders
- Effective Strategies in Directing Employee Tasks to Enhance Performance
- Best Practices in Hiring and Conducting Interviews
- Sexual Harassment Prevention for Managers
- Bystander Intervention